Poets' FLIPBOOK--2 books in one! (Tete-Beche) Head to back perception, divinity, sensations, brevity in Larry Beckett's MADRIGALS, and Marc Zegan's THE BOOK OF IMMACULATE PERCEPTION


                                                  Perception, divinity, sensations brevity!

       Bamboo Dart Press has reinvented the flip book (a Tete-Beche) two books in one. Beckett's MADRIGALS as cover, gives you Zegans' THE BOOK OF IMMACULATE PERCEPTION or reverse. 
 
        Innovation fits the speculative subject--the cognizance of life before language. Wondrous and inarticulate, what might that entry to the world feel like? It's a transcendental question (from where to where? How might first consciousness feel?) Parents staring at cribs, may wonder what, if anything, is perceived and felt by their inarticulate infant?  Poets can speculate, find a narrative of consciousness. Imagine the dawn. What might the evolving consciousness perceive?

        In these evocative books, consciousness is a shifting target, since who remembers beyond what may be imagined flashes--crying-a fast sight? I will give a couple excerpts from these imagined books. First my ignorance. I did not know a Madrigal was "a type of secular vocal music composition, usually performed without instruments by multiple voices singing independent parts."  

From Larry Beckett's MADRIGALS 

It was
a wave and warm, and I can swim.
I'm in the air.

crying, Mama
is coming, and: What? She catches me up, kisses,

is kind, and the red sun looks back
at the first river, in your dream.

From Marc Zegans' THE BOOK OF IMMACULATE PERCEPTIONS

I crawl; I wriggle; I escape the crib.
I see a larger world, but one with walls.

Outside, when I am taken there, all light!
Big and green and blue and brown and yellow.

I don't have words for any colors yet!        
         
S.W.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PUB DATE! A GOSSIP COLUMNIST'S PURSUIT OF THE TRUTH IN NAZI GERMANY. Acclaimed author MARTYN BURKE's New Novel (1/27/26) Q&A, Book Trailer!

THEATER, NYC, New ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST REDEFINES THE STRUGGLE FOR FREEDOM AMID INSTITUTIONAL REPRESSION

Anne Waldman's SANCTUARY, Marc Zegans' THE SNOW DEAD